Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Fix buggy TomTom Home!

Ever used TomTom Home to manage your TomTom?

Well I did and it kept on crashing (both the Mac OS X and the Windows versions).
I couldn't backup/restore/update... nothing!

The solution to all this crashes is -simply- to disable the firewall.
Yeah, nothing else! I have just backed up and updated my TomTom and everything works perfectly.



PS: to disable the firewall in Mac OS X just type in Spotlight "Sharing"; then click on the "Sharing preference pane", select the tab "Firewall" and (after typing your password) push "Stop".

6 comments:

Unknown said...

man, yake a look at this!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/tiki/445618364/in/pool-appleusers/

tciddaniw said...

Thanks man!
I've posted a new article about it!

Anonymous said...

I have the same problem and my firewall isn't even on. TomTom support tells me I should disable the preferences for spotlight. But the TomTom does not appear in the drives that can be excluded from spotlight when the TomTom is linked to my MacBook Pro 10.4.

Very confusing. Does anyone have an idea what else to try?

Harald

Anonymous said...

Just do the following:

1) go to Preferences
2) go to Connection
3) Select auto-detect proxy

Anonymous said...

After getting more than 10000 visitors/day to my website I thought your tciddaniw.blogspot.com website also need unstoppable flow of traffic...

Use this BRAND NEW software and get all the traffic for your website you will ever need ...

= = > > http://get-massive-autopilot-traffic.com

In testing phase it generated 867,981 visitors and $540,340.

Then another $86,299.13 in 90 days to be exact. That's $958.88 a
day!!

And all it took was 10 minutes to set up and run.

But how does it work??

You just configure the system, click the mouse button a few
times, activate the software, copy and paste a few links and
you're done!!

Click the link BELOW as you're about to witness a software that
could be a MAJOR turning point to your success.

= = > > http://get-massive-autopilot-traffic.com

TomTom GPS said...

you can find all formation about tomtom gps on my site ; info-tomtom.blogspot.com