Monday, February 19, 2007

"Sayonara, Windows"

That's what Windows expert Scot Finnie has said after trying a Mac for three months.

"Bye-bye Windows! My three-month Macintosh trial has ended, but my permanent gig with the Mac is just getting started. Apple's MacBook Pro and Mac OS X are now my computer and operating system of choice.

If you give the Mac three months, as I did, you won't go back either. The hardest part is paying for it -- everything after that gets easier and easier. Perhaps fittingly, it took me the full three-month trial period to pay off my expensive MacBook Pro. But the darn thing is worth every penny."


Here you can find the complete article.

3 comments:

Mario said...

Note that my Mac runs Windows in the Parallels virtual-machine software, which I use frequently for a handful of specific tasks.
What's the use of OSx if you have frequently to use Windows?

The version of Windows I use there, and that I am currently recommending, is Windows XP.
In a month you are going to recommend Vista instead of XP.

The rest of the article is a list of software.
I suggest TR and Scot Finnie to start writing e-mails to Apple about driver's for Vista, they should be ready for the plug-in (You know what is it)...

Filippo Sironi said...

Right... the plug-in.
I have written an e-mail to bootcamp support claiming Windows Vista driver but no one answered me. :'(

tciddaniw said...

No one is going to use Windows Vista so there's no need for drivers.